It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:48 pm

Free Newsletter

HELP!

Share your favorite healthy recipes here.

Moderator: Moderators

HELP!

Postby Kadda » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:03 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am a vegetarian, and have been since I was 14. I have started seeing someone and have invited him to my house for a home cooked meal. Problem is, I have NEVER cooked meat before!!! Does anyone have any simple meat and veg recipes / stirfrys that I could attempt to make - and I need specific instructions re. cooking of the meat (I really have no idea!!!).

Any help would be great.

Thanks everyone!
Kadda

Re: HELP!

Postby Diminishing » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:22 pm

Kadda.......

You know what? If I was you, I would make it a vegetarian meal!

BUT, if you are determined to do meat.......why not go for something simple and classic like steak?

Grilled steak, salad, baked potatoes, coleslaw? Maybe with grilled mushrooms and grilled tomatoes?

My pick for a great steak would be some generous SIRLOIN.....best combination of texture and flavour for me. Look for a sirloin steak that is about 2cm thick.

Trim the fat off, and then marinade in some lemon juice and mixed herbs and a smear of olive oil and some black pepper. Marinade for at least a couple of hours in the fridge.

Heat the grill to very hot, and grill the steaks for about 5 mins, then turn and grill for a further 3 mins. For a 2cm thick steak, this will mean you end up with a medium steak (ie still a touch pink in the middle.)

HTH babe.......and have a lovely time!
Lucy xx

Diminishing

Re: HELP!

Postby ali76 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:49 pm

I agree with Lucy....make something Vegetarian!!

I'm not a vegetarian but love vegetarian meals..don't change for him!!

Have a great time :P
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Return to Healthy Recipes