I make this one all the time.... they are good.... too good!!! Chocolate Protein Bars
120g chocolate protein powder, any kind
100g unflavoured soy protein isolate powder
50g chocolate (I use the well naturally sugar free choc... yum!)
200g low fat cream cheese
1tbsp peanut butter (or almond spread, or something similar)
1 tbsp margarine/butter, unsalted if possible
1 tsp vanilla essence
Sweetner to taste (I use stevia powder)
- Put cream cheese, butter, peanut butter and chocolate in a bowl and zap in microwave until it's all melted, then add vanilla essence and mix well.
- Put protein powders and sweetner (if powdered, if using liquid sweetner, add it to the cream cheese/chocolate mixture) in a large bowl and mix together with a whisk
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix well. Use a metal fork initially, then you'll have to get your hands dirty to get it completely mixed (the fun bit!!)
- Lick your hands.... a VERY important step. Then, wash them
- Put the mixture into a lined baking tray and refrigerate for an hour or so.
- Cut into 12 bars, wrap them individually and store back in the fridge
- Try to not eat them all at once
1. Choc Mint bars: Use mint chocolate (with the little mint crispies in it!) and peppermint essence instead of vanilla
2. White Chocolate bars: Use vanilla protein powder, and white chocolate.
3. Choc Nut bars: Add some finely chopped nuts, and almond essence instead of vanilla
Very roughly, per bar
b*gger all carbs
Can't remember the fat, ok I'll edit later when I find out, it's written down at home lol!!