I love this soup and you can make adjustments to it.
1/4 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic minced
1 1/3 cup coarsley chopped onion
1 1/2 cup coarsley chopped celery and leaves
1 can tomato paste
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 cup sliced carrots
4 3/4 cups shredded cabbage
1 can diced tomatos
1 cup of red kidney beans (from a can drained and rinced)
1 1/2 cup frozen peas
1 1/2 cup fresh green beans
dash of hot sauce
11 cups water
2 cups uncooked, broken spaghetti or small shell pasta
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan
2. Add garlic, onion and celery and saute about 5 minutes
3. Add remaining ingredients except spaghetti, and stir until ingredients are well mixed
4. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender
5. Add uncooked spaghetti and simmer for 2-3 minutes only
When cooked to the recipe it is roughly 153 calories in a serve.
I also added some cooked bacon to it to add some extra flavour (just put the cals up a little bit more), just cook it on a fry pan, then sit on paper towel and add right at the end when you add this pasta.
I also added zuchini to it.
This soup is so yummy in winter. If you have made it let me know what you think and if you made changes let me know what you did so i can try it.