It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:57 am

Free Newsletter

roasted chickpeas

Share your favorite healthy recipes here.

Moderator: Moderators

roasted chickpeas

Postby candycane » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:38 am

Ok, a board user (i think it was yellowroses) was helpful enough to post some links to roasted chickpea recipes.

I've combined a couple of the recipes (one called for a whole lot of oil, and user comments said if u use too much it will make them soft, so i used a bit of spray oil) i tested it out and was pleased with the result. Some people might not like it, but me and a work mate have been munching on them all morning!

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
1 can chickpeas, drained
Spray oil
Herbs (i used garlic flakes and a little garlic salt)

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 230 degrees C
Blot chickpeas with a paper towel to dry them. In a bowl, toss chickpeas with seasoning. Spray a glass dish lightly with the spray oil. Spread chickpeas on dish (so they arent all bunched up and touching eachother), and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, (at 20 mins, take out and either shake or toss the chickpeas so u kind of turn them over) theyre ready when browned and crunchy. Watch carefully the last few minutes to avoid burning. I turned the stove off 10 mins early and left them to dry out over night. They came out really lovelly and crunchy.

Apparently you can do this with all beans, so im thinking about making up a mix :)
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Re: roasted chickpeas

Postby ~Paste~ » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:14 pm

I came across roasted chic peas last week. OMG i love them :D . Never thought about cooking them myself i suppose i can only try!
[/url]

Goal Weight by 25/6/2008: 100
Goal Weight by 11/6/2009: 85
Goal Weight by 25/12/2009: 70
~Paste~

Postby Strawberry » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:40 pm

CC what's the kj & fat per serve?
Strawberry

Postby candycane » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:30 pm

hey just saw this, i cant remember but its quite low seeing as u can dry roast them on like a piece of baking paper, so all it is is chickpeas and garlic salt in the end.
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Return to Healthy Recipes