• 450 grams of extra-lean ground beef
• 1 medium carrot, shredded
• 1 medium zucchini, shredded and squeezed dry
• 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
• 1/2 green capsicum, finely chopped
• 1 tbsp chilli powder
• 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1 slice whole grain bread as breadcrumbs
• 2 egg whites
• 1/3 cup tomato sauce
• Preheat oven to 200C. Lightly spray a non stick muffin pan with non stick cooking spray.
• Crumble ground beef into a large bowl. Add shredded carrots and zucchini, and chopped onion and capsicum. Add chilli powder, Worcestershire sauce and breadcrumbs. Stir with a fork. Add egg whites and stir again with a fork until well blended. You can knead the mixture with your hands but sometimes this makes the meat overly tough.
• Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan, and top each cup with tomato sauce. Bake for 25 minutes, making sure that the internal temperature reaches 75C.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen
on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising links in signatures are not allowed.