It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:56 pm

Free Newsletter

Is Self Development Truly Possible?

Share your favorite healthy recipes here.

Moderator: Moderators

Is Self Development Truly Possible?

Postby Jelly » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:54 pm

Hi, is the question of whether or not self development is possible a little too vague? There are many ways promoted to achieve self development, but most genuine ones appear to require a better control over the mind. Is there any technique to gain more control over the way we think. I think Meditation is something that can increase mind power, which may be proportional to the ability to develop these skills. Any more suggestions on this???
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising link removed.
Jelly

Re: Is Self Development Truly Possible?

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:26 am

I think self development isn't just possible, it's inevitable. Each day we learn more and add to the person we are. In that way we can't avoid developing. The only issue is whether you develop in positive or negative ways. By changing your attitude to situations and looking upon everythign as a learning experience I think you can use bad experiences to your advantage.

If you're talking about increasing your potential in different areas of life I personally think that education is the key. Whether it's expanding your current knowledge through reading or classes or gaining new interests and skills keeping yourself interested in the world around you is the best way to become an interesting person.

If you are talking about developing in key areas where you feel you may have weaknesses there is always the option of mind programming. I use Paul McKenna's 'I can make you thin' book and CD for this purpose. It has changed my attitude towards food and listening to his CD is great for relaxation. It is similar to your suggestion of meditation in this way. By using relaxation and positive reinforcement he reprograms the way you think to more beneficial patterns. He has other programmes out there for becomming more successful financially, gaining confidence and changing your life. There are also other mind programming tools out there by different authors. And of course there is hypnosis and psychotherapy which can help in altering attitudes and behaviours. I think it's a matter of finding what works for you.
EvilWombatQueen

Re: Is Self Development Truly Possible?

Postby sunny_leone » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:23 pm

Mediation is certainly helpful in increasing mind power. There are some other ways in which you can transform your thinking process and influence the mind, which results in better control. Applied quantum theory can also be taken in account when talking about self development. According to that school of thought we experience we think, reflect on, believe in, etc. – in every minute detail. There is much information available on the web about Quantum Wealth and Mind Power. Hope that link helps you out!
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Links to promote business products are not allowed.
sunny_leone

Return to Healthy Recipes