It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:29 am

Free Newsletter

Whats For Tea

Share your favorite healthy recipes here.

Moderator: Moderators

Whats For Tea

Postby Maraver » Sat May 14, 2005 9:09 am

I am trying to think of something nice for tea, not to full of calories but I get so fed up sometimes I can be good for breakfast and for lunch but once I get home its something quick easy and fattening any ideas
Pam
Maraver

Postby Scott » Sat May 14, 2005 12:49 pm

Dinner is always the hardest meal of the day. And after dinner is no "picnic" either.

I don't know if you do this, but something I've been noticing lately is that I eat while preparing dinner. I'm sure that if I can cut this habit out I won't eat as much and I'll save a few valuable calories.

I think the problem might be leaving too long between lunch and dinner. If I'm starving when I get home, I want to eat something immediately and the handiest things in the cupboard typically aren't the best choices.

With winter on the way, maybe you could start your meals off with a vegetable or other soup to partially fill you up and then you might not eat as much of the other convenient stuff.
Scott

Vegetable Soup

Postby hushpuppy » Wed May 18, 2005 12:05 pm

Small can chopped tomatoes
2 carrots chopped
1 oinion chopped
1 zucchini chopped
half litre vegetable stock

1- Place tomatoes , carrots , oinion , zuccini and vege stock into a saucepan with some seasoning .

2-Cover and cook until the veges are soft (about 20 mins ) For a smooth soup pour into blender and puree. For a chunky soup just puree half the mixture

3- Return to the pan and heat through before serving

serves one

This recipe is yummy and great on a cold winters night
It can also be made ahead of time and frozen for those night when u get home late or need a snack

Enjoy jules
hushpuppy

Postby Maraver » Thu May 19, 2005 7:36 am

Thanks I think I will try this and take it to work for lunch
will let you know how I go
Pam
Maraver

Return to Healthy Recipes