It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:21 pm

Free Newsletter

How important is the diet when it comes to a workout plan?

Share your favorite healthy recipes here.

Moderator: Moderators

How important is the diet when it comes to a workout plan?

Postby liza.hyden » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:13 am

I read these magazines that have these excellent workout plans. I do the workouts, but I don't do the crazy diet that they show with it. I don't eat a lot of egg whites and things like that, but I do make sure I eat healthy and drink protein shakes like "Muscle Milk". Is it important to follow the diet plan that they have in these magazines? I mean, prisoners don't follow a series diet plan and they come out pretty ripped.
liza.hyden

Re: How important is the diet when it comes to a workout plan?

Postby soontolookdamhot » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:55 pm

just bumping this up up, the diet plans are good for those who want to plan ahead or cant decide on what to eat. but with so many plans out there in magazines its a matter of swapping meals to make a plan that u will want to eat and that gives u enough of each food group.
soontolookdamhot

Re: How important is the diet when it comes to a workout plan?

Postby warriorsgirl » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:50 am

I think it's just best to eat healthy... Don't make urself go on a strict diet that u wont be able to stick to!
Lots of vegies and lean meats is the way to go! And, try and cut out the unnecessary carbs.
warriorsgirl

Re: How important is the diet when it comes to a workout pla

Postby Castillo8886 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:12 pm

In fact diet is the most important part in workout plans which supports to maintain a healthy and fitness body but here the goal is to how much diet should need for a workout plan.
Castillo8886

Re: How important is the diet when it comes to a workout pla

Postby chevbrock » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:31 pm

I once saw an eating plan that started with: "breakfast, one slice of wholemeal toast". (granted, it was a "womens magazine" not a "Health magazine") then wanted me to drink a glass of fruit juice and a piece of fruit.

My first thought was: my two-year-old eats more for breakfast than that. Second thought: if I replaced the sugar-laden, calorie-deprived juice with a boiled egg, I'd have half a chance of surviving until the meagre morning tea they specified. Third thought: the fruit was okay, but any moron could have thought that one up.

Choose your eating plan carefully. Remember that those bodybuilding products and workout gels and bars that elite athletes use are full of carbohydrates and calories. Which is great if you're an elite athlete. Not so great if it means two extra hours on the treadmill to work it off!
chevbrock

Return to Healthy Recipes