It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:23 am

Free Newsletter

Recipe for soft bananas

Share your favorite healthy recipes here.

Moderator: Moderators

Recipe for soft bananas

Postby Ally147 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:58 pm

I have a couple of soft bananas that rather than throw out i'd like to cook something with but i can only think of a banana cake which isn't very healthy... wondering if anyone has any recipes they would like to share?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIbKc5e/]
[/url]
Ally147

Re: Recipe for soft bananas

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:09 pm

Yes! I found a recipe for fat-free banana and apple muffins here. I substitute wholemeal flour to give it extra fibre and used Splenda to reduce the calories. Everyone who tried them loved them! I've made them several times now and damn if I don't want to make them again now the topic has come up. :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Ally147 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:48 pm

Thank you!! I shall give them a try!! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIbKc5e/]
[/url]
Ally147

Postby johnreal » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:52 pm

Dairy Free Banana & Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

Items you will need: heavy based sauce pan, whisk, measuring cups, measuring spoons

Ingredients:

3/4 Cup Sugar

1/8 tsp Salt

1 3/4 Cups Rice Milk, Almond Milk or other dairy free milk

2 large eggs, beaten

1 1/2 Cups Milk, either rice milk, almond milk (recipe works best if you can use Goat Milk if it can be tolerated)

2 teaspoons Banana extract (or vanilla)

In heavy sauce pan, combine sugar, salt, and milk. Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally until mixture is steaming. Reduce heat to low.

In medium bowl, slightly beat eggs. Slowly whisk half of the hot mixture into the eggs and pour back into the sauce pan. Cook over medium-low heat until slightly thick, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and refrigerate until chilled or overnight.

When ready to freeze, stir in the 1 1/2 Cups Milk (preferably Goat Milk, but any other type of milk will work), and banana (or vanilla) extract into the chilled custard mixture.

Start ice cream maker and pour mixture through hole in lid. Freeze until desired consistency then add two or 3 overripe mashed bananas, 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips, and even a broken up dairy free sugar cone to the ice cream maker. Let it mix for an additional 15 minutes.

Ice Cream will be soft, so put into the freezer for 4 hours before serving. Get started on your next batch because this one won't last long it's so yummy!
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam removed. User banned.
johnreal

Return to Healthy Recipes