Ingredients (serves 8 )
* 1 tbs olive oil
* 2 large chopped onions
* 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
* 100g chopped pancetta
* 1kg beef mince
* 2 cups beef stock
* 1 cup red wine
* 3 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
* 1/4 cup tomato paste
* 500g spaghetti
1. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and cook onions, garlic and pancetta for 4-5 minutes. Increase heat to high, gradually add mince and cook until well browned.
2. Add beef stock, red wine, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer partially covered for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Season with
salt and pepper.
3. Cook spaghetti in boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain. Serve half the bolognaise with the pasta and freeze the remaining sauce for later. Serve with grated parmesan, if desired.
To make it healthier or more nutritious I will add carrot, zucchini and mushrooms. I will use wholemeal spaghetti and not be using the pancetta or wine.
Any other veggies I could add or is that pretty much it?