It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:29 am

Free Newsletter

Fave Healthy Snacks?

Share your favorite healthy recipes here.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Kylie » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:13 am

I love rice cakes (sundries tomato ones are yum!) with hommus or ham and tomato.

I also enjoy Le Snacks (little biscuits with cheese)

And you can't go past fruit!

If I am going to have choclate, I buy the small (fun size) that way, I don't overdo it!
Kylie

Postby Ally » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:54 am

I love those rice cakes too Kylie, have you tried the sour cream and sweet chilli ones? They are just yummo too!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Kylie » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:51 am

No, I haven't Ally. But I have tried the balsamic salt n' vinegar ones and they are great for when I crave salt n' vinegar chips (my weakness!). I'll have to try ALL varieties 8)
Kylie

Postby Mandie » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:59 am

I love the sour cream ones allY! And the sweet chilli ones, YUUM!

I also just really like snacking on raw vegetables, like capsicum and carrot and celery and cucumber...
Mandie

Postby Ally » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:09 pm

Yeah me too Mandie and I dunk mine in salsa (the veges that is)Oh the balsamic vinegar ones sounds delish Kylie!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:14 pm

Air-popped popcorn :D You can make it yourself or also buy it in bags - "Mother Earth" brand from supermarkets, Priceline etc etc.. They have Salt & Vinegar, Sweet Chilli, Original Sea Salt or Butter flavour :D Yummy as and takes a while to eat too!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Dee » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:08 pm

I love just a cruchy bread bruschetta.

I just cut a couple of slices of frech stick, (or even just slice up a multigrain roll.) Then chop up some fresh tomato, fresh basil, add a little bit of pepper, lump it onto the bread and chuck it under the griller. You can add a little bit of philly cheese to the bread if you like, or even a little grated cheese on top, but it's not essential.
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:10 pm

Dee wrote:I love just a cruchy bread bruschetta.

I just cut a couple of slices of frech stick, (or even just slice up a multigrain roll.) Then chop up some fresh tomato, fresh basil, add a little bit of pepper, lump it onto the bread and chuck it under the griller. You can add a little bit of philly cheese to the bread if you like, or even a little grated cheese on top, but it's not essential.

Yum, sounds good :D I loooove philly cheese with tomato, especially on rye bread!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Chinta » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:52 pm

I like a hard boiled egg......... very filling :D
ImageImage
Chinta

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:53 am

Chinta wrote:I like a hard boiled egg......... very filling :D

You know what, funny you should mention that!! I've been craving hard boiled eggs like nothing else the past day or 2!! I might just have to have one for lunch :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Tango44 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:20 pm

so glad I came here, been wanting some healthy snack ideas for ages.
I love hummus and I tried making the one in the Symply too good to be true and it was lovely...

I like Celery with some light cream cheese at the moment - first time I've been addicted to something healthy!
Tango44

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:36 pm

a vegie sushi roll from the local sushi bar goes down a treat...(besides I have to walk 10 mins there and 10 mins back which is even better)

I make "chips" from pita bread or mountain bread as others have suggested too (where you top the bread with your favourite spice and bake in the oven - my favourite is cajun spice...hmmmmmmmmmmm)
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)
mary_in_adelaide

Postby Dee » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:03 pm

I love the Symply too good cookbooks...

Number 4 has a bunch of party food recipes - which are good when you're going to an event that you think wont have any friendly foods - make up one of the recipes and 'take a plate.'

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Previous

Return to Healthy Recipes