It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:15 am

Free Newsletter

1-Minute Breakfast

Share your favorite healthy recipes here.

Moderator: Moderators

1-Minute Breakfast

Postby AndrewSydney » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:27 am

OK, this is not a recipe as such, but getting a healthy breakfast often takes time. I have been eating the SuperStart cereal about 2-3 a week (not on weekends) and I find it agrees with me. I don't get hungry until lunch time...

Just add milk. But don't try to microwave it and have it hot. It didn't work for me. Cold is good.
AndrewSydney

Postby KimE » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:26 pm

Hi Andrew and welcome to the forum.

What's the nutritional value and where can you purchase it?
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

SuperStart breakfast cereal

Postby AndrewSydney » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:23 pm

Hi Kim,

Thanks. To answer your questions, SuperStart has the following listed on their package:

16.6% protein
16.4% fat (of which 3.6% saturated, rest poly and mono)
44.5% carbs (of which only 2.1% sugar - I like this one)
13.3% fibre
zero cholesterol
20mg soldium per 100g -- this is very low compared to others I tried.

Before SuperStart I was hooked on Whisk & Pin, but the high protein and low sugar in SuperStart made a big difference for me.

I found out about it from someone doing the SureSlim diet. They sell it at their clinics. Some Sydney health food stores stock it and the SuperStart company (called Metabolic Food www.metabolicfood.com.au) told me that IGA stores sell it too. But in the last few weeks I notice it is sold online on their (metabolic Food) website.

Hope this helps and keep it up everyone.

A
AndrewSydney

Postby KimE » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:11 pm

Thanks Andrew

I have an IGA near me so I will check it out. I am always on the lookout for tasty cereals. I especially love them with plenty in them as in a variety of grains, seeds etc.

It has a good amount of protein and fibre too. As you say sugars are low and the carbs reasonably so compared to many cereals.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

enjoy!

Postby AndrewSydney » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:55 pm

Thanks, Kim.

I hope you will enjoy it. You can always buy the product from their website. I did the numbers and it's cheaper to buy it than from the shop, even though you pay for the delivery. They give discounts. www.metabolicfood.com.au

I bought a box of 6 bags. Each bag lasts over a week. Around $1.20 per breakfast.

Bye for now.

A.
AndrewSydney

Postby SarahC » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:40 am

Thanks for that Andrew I will have to check it out.

I just discovered another cereal too. It's called FibreX. It's quite high in protein, fibre and "good fats", and hardly any carbs. From memory, a 35g serve contains 625kJ, 10g protein, 2g carbs... doh, forgot the fats and fibre, it's pretty good though :oops:

You just add a bit of water and let it stand for a bit. You can put it in the microwave, only for about 30 - 40 seconds though. Yum :)
SarahC

Return to Healthy Recipes