It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:03 pm

Free Newsletter

I need help to handle my high cholesterol symptoms

Share your favorite healthy recipes here.

Moderator: Moderators

I need help to handle my high cholesterol symptoms

Postby loftWeerafe » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:49 am

Hello there ! I am fresh on this website. I wanted some information about my cholesterol level. since sometime now, I've had high cholesterol symptoms as well as been trying unsuccessfully to control my high cholesterol levels. I changed the way I eat, I am a little bit of workout. Exactly what more should I attempt? I dont need a cardiac problem.
loftWeerafe

Re: I need help to handle my high cholesterol symptoms

Postby chevbrock » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:23 pm

Hi there,

First of all, I would assume your doctor is monitoring your cholesterol levels and has set up a management plan with you accordingly? If not, please do this straight away!

Pretty much, any healthy eating plan you see will help you. All the usual things - wholegrain carbohydrates, plenty of vegetables, two serves of fruit a day, and plenty of water. Also limit fatty and processed food, including fatty meats and meat products. Eat some seafood and eggs. Make all your dairy products low fat and don't eat too much of them. Cut down on alcohol, soft drinks, fruit juices, and give up smoking.

Oats are said to reduce cholesterol, so perhaps a serve of porridge or muesli with oats in the morning. Psyllium husks also are said to help reduce cholesterol.
chevbrock

Return to Healthy Recipes