It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:05 pm

Free Newsletter

a few of my healthy recipes!

Share your favorite healthy recipes here.

Moderator: Moderators

a few of my healthy recipes!

Postby tehsser » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:24 pm

Hi guys,

I've been on this site a few times when I've needed some motivation and tips but never posted - so I thought I'd share a few dinner and lunch ideas that I've made up. Hope you like them.

EGG + VEGGIE WRAP- serves 1 - 306 cals

Ingredients:
1 mountain bread
2 eggs
1 ball bocconcini cheese - torn into small chunks
spinach
1/8 avocado
3-4 cherry tomatoes - quartered
1/4 red capsicum - cut into strips

Whisk eggs, bocconcini and a little pepper in a bowl. Lightly spray a frying pan with cooking spray and stir-fry eggs until cooked and the cheese is a little melty. Add cherry tomatoes and cook until they are warmed through.

Spread the mountain bred with avocado, top with spinach and capsicum, and pop the egg mixture on top. Wrap it up, and that's it! Super quick and easy!

LEMON POLENTA CHICKEN - serves 2 - 220 cals per serve

Ingredients:
1 chicken breast, fat trimmed, cut into 3-4cm pieces
1/4 cup uncooked polenta
rind of 1/2 a lemon
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese

Mix together polenta, parmesan and lemon rind. Grind in lots of black pepper. Coat chicken in mixture and cook in a frying pan (lightly sprayed with cooking oil). I serve this with salad. Yum!

VEGETARIAN LASAGNA - serves 6 - around 250 cals per serve

Ingredients:
1/2 jar of tomato pasta sauce
500g low fat cottage cheese
3 x instant lasagna sheets
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 eggplant
2 zuchinni
3-4 yellow squash
1/2 a butternut pumpkin
1 box frozen spinach - defrosted

Cut vegetables into 1/2 cm thick slices. Lay on baking tray sprayed lightly with cooking spray and bake in oven until soft.

In a baking dish, spread a thin layer of tomato pasta sauce. Pop in an instant lasagna sheet. Top this with a 1/3 of the spinach, then a 1/3 of the veggies, then a 1/3 of the pasta sauce and a 1/3 of the cottage cheese. Keep layering like this until the top layer - finish with cottage cheese, and sprinkle with parmesan. Into the oven (around 200 degrees) for 30-40 minutes or until pasta is soft and cheese melted.

Enjoy everyone!

Tess :)
tehsser

Re: a few of my healthy recipes!

Postby bethanyherman » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:00 pm

Awesome! I am glad you shared these recipes as I am thinking of inviting my friends for a healthy dinner. I just thought that a healthy approach to this is in order.
bethanyherman

Return to Healthy Recipes