It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:56 am

Free Newsletter

What is your favourite quick & easy lunch?

Share your favorite healthy recipes here.

Moderator: Moderators

What is your favourite quick & easy lunch?

Postby [email protected] » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:22 pm

I am flat out cleaning the house today and just sat down to a bowl of Greek yogurt with sliced Banana and Freedom Ancient Grain flakes sprinkled over the top.

What's your ideal quick & easy lunch?
Current weight: 75kg as at Jan 12th 2014.
Goal weight: 65kg.....I will be able to go swimming with my children!!
Ultimate weight: 60kg.....I will have to pick my hubby up off the floor!!
[email protected]

Re: What is your favourite quick & easy lunch?

Postby annajane12 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:24 pm

As per my experience you have to go with Spinach and Fetta Frittata. It’s very easy and quick to make and also yummy in taste.
Last edited by admin on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: business promotion not allowed
annajane12

Postby Sarah91 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:13 am

My favorite is oatmeal with banana,apple or strawberry. It is easy to prepare and very healthy. Oatmeal is rich in fiber and helps me to have regular bowel movement. Banana is good source of potassium, apple is rich in Vitamin C and strawberry rich in fiber low in calories. This is my favorite quick lunch.
Sarah91

Postby hanney882 » Sat May 24, 2014 8:45 am

My favorite quick and easy lunch or snack is yogurt with mixed fruits. You can make and eat it in just 3 minutes or more. It is very healthy and delicious. Sometimes I eat vegetable salad at lunch. But it takes me 10-15 minutes to prepare it. It is also easy but time consuming if you are cleaning the house. LOL! :P
hanney882

Postby Cackleberry » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:07 am

Does anyone else have any ideas? I am getting kind of sick of sandwiches each day. What does everyone else have for lunch?
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
Short Term GW 69kg (10kg loss)
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby admin » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:18 pm

If you are at home and can make yourself a frittata is great, fried rice, baked potato..otherwise if you are out the subway 6g or less range but I suppose that falls into a sandwich. Being lazy I tend to have a 1/2 portion of last nights leftovers. Also a healthy lunch is a banana and berry smoothie, this will keep you full and give you a sweet hit if you need it.
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Cackleberry » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:07 pm

Thanks :) I work Weds, Thurs and Fri but apart from that I am home for lunch normally. Frittata sounds good! And I really should start to put aside some dinner for the next day. Doesn't always work though, as with 6 in the house, there usually isn't such thing as leftovers here :lol:
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby admin » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:21 pm

admin
Site Admin

Postby Cackleberry » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:28 pm

Fantastic, thank you! :)
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby Blitz » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:30 am

You could try knocking up a quick simple fruit salad. If you are pressed for time you can prepare it the night or day before. Simple, healthy and you can tailor it to your taste.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:18 am

My favourite quick and easy lunch (I'm sure I've mentioned it a few times now, but in case you missed it):

3 tasty cheese corn thins
3 light laughing cow cheese triangles (or if you really want to be sparing on the cheese but have more biscuits, spread 2 triangles across 4 thins)
1 tomato

Leave the cheese to soften at room temp (if you've had them in the fridge) then spread them on the crackers, slice on the tomato, and you're done!!!

Total: Less than 200 calories

Too easy, and oh so tasty!!! :wink: :D
DD Diva

Postby Cackleberry » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:54 am

You could try knocking up a quick simple fruit salad. If you are pressed for time you can prepare it the night or day before. Simple, healthy and you can tailor it to your taste.

Mmmmm I do love fruit salad!

My favourite quick and easy lunch (I'm sure I've mentioned it a few times now, but in case you missed it):

3 tasty cheese corn thins
3 light laughing cow cheese triangles (or if you really want to be sparing on the cheese but have more biscuits, spread 2 triangles across 4 thins)
1 tomato

Leave the cheese to soften at room temp (if you've had them in the fridge) then spread them on the crackers, slice on the tomato, and you're done!!!

Total: Less than 200 calories

Too easy, and oh so tasty!!! :wink: :D

Nomomomomom!! Sounds delish and as you say, so easy! Will be trying this one this week for sure, thanks :)
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby DD Diva » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:02 am

Cackleberry wrote: Nomomomomom!! Sounds delish and as you say, so easy! Will be trying this one this week for sure, thanks :)

No problem :)
It is yummy, and as long as you can manage to always keep a stash of those little cheese triangles out of reach of "little fingers" (if you get my drift) you'll always have a quick lunch (and at only 25 cals per triangle) at the ready in next to no time. Philadelphia cream cheese is good too, but these little cheeses are just as creamy and a tad lower, and hey, every calorie spared can go toward a cheeky treat!!! :wink:

Depends on how much of a cheese lover you are too. If you're like me, well then you may want to go the whole hog and use 1 triangle per 1 corn thin, and it will spread on fairly thick (yuummmmmm) but if you can force yourself (and it's hard) spread 1 triangle over say 2 biscuits and reduce your calories even more.

Play around with what works best for you, but either way......it's quick, easy and cheap on calories (and ya gotta love that!!!) :wink: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby hanney882 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:45 pm

Cackleberry wrote:Does anyone else have any ideas? I am getting kind of sick of sandwiches each day. What does everyone else have for lunch?

You can make zucchini fries it is very easy to make. It may take 10-15 minutes to prepare and cook. Slice your zucchini in strips or fries cut then roll in to the egg and flavored bread crumbs. I prefer garlic because it is so yummy and that is my favorite flavor ever. Bake in the oven or fry it in the pan.
hanney882

Postby DD Diva » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:02 am

Yummy, those fries sound delicious Hanney, I will definitely give them a try!! Thank you for sharing! :D

Another quick (more of a side dish) is Cauliflower rice!!! It's a fantastic substitute for rice, and much much lighter in calories!!! :wink:
All you do is whizz up cauliflower in a food processor till it is the consistency of rice granules, or (if you don't have a food processor) a simple grater will do a fine job and grating the florets. Then just add the amount of cauliflower rice that you want in a bowl, add a small amount of water to it and heat in the microwave for about 15 seconds or so, or until soft. It may take a few goes to get it right, as it will depend on the amount of cauliflower (and water; don't overdo it otherwise it goes mushy) :shock: ) but you'll find it works really well in place of normal rice and soooooooooo much better for you!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Next

Return to Healthy Recipes