Zucchini & Herb Muffins
The original recipe is off the Calorieking.com.au website, however I've played around with it a little due to not having a couple of the ingredients
I thought it would make a great breakfast muffin or to have with soup!
Makes 10 Muffins
1 cup Self Raising Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
50g Oats (I used the 1-minute Oats)
75g cup Apple Puree
1 Egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup (64g) Zucchini, grated
1 tbsp Mixed Herbs, dried
1 tsp Vegetable Oil
1. Preheat oven to moderate 180C/350F.
2. Prepare a 12-hole muffin tin with muffin papers.
3. Sift flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a medium bowl. Stir through oat bran. Make a well in the centre.
4. Using a large fork, stir in apple sauce, oil, egg, zucchini and herbs until the mixuture is just combined.
5. Spoon mixture into prepared tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
6. Stand in pan for 5 minutes before turning muffins onto wire rack to cool.
Next time I'm going to get some Wholemeal Self Raising flour to use because I know the fibre content will be great!!
They are baking in the oven as we speak so I'll let you know how yummy they are!!