Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Three Bell Peppers
This recipe serves: 4
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
1small red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
1 small green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
1 shallot, diced
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 4 to 6 ounces each
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
1. In a small bowl, mix the bell pepper strips and diced shallot together.
2. Spray pan with olive oil cooking spray. Cook the bell pepper mixture until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Cut a deep horizontal pocket in the side of each chicken breast. Make the pocket as large as you can without piercing the top or bottom of the breast. Place 1/4 cup of the pepper mixture in the pocket of each chicken breast. Secure the pocket with toothpicks threading along the side to close.
4. Cook each side of the chicken until golden brown.
5. Add the vinegar and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and gently simmer the chicken for 2 or 3 minutes per side until cooked through.
6. Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and keep warm. Continue to cook the sauce until it is reduced to a thick syrup.
7. Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce over each chicken breast to serve.