It is currently Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:26 am

Free Newsletter

Spciy Thai-Style Chicken (or Turkey)

Share your favorite healthy recipes here.

Moderator: Moderators

Spciy Thai-Style Chicken (or Turkey)

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:09 pm

Had this for dinner tonight. We used to eat this a lot but then it went off rotation for some reason and I had forgotten how nice it is. It's quick to cook when you come home from work, has a really nice tangy taste without being too hot and it freezes pretty well too.

Cooking Spray
500 grams Lean Chicken Mince (I mince my own)
3 cloves Garlic crushed
6 Spring Onions chopped
80 mls Sweet Chilli Sauce
500 grams Bok Choy sliced
1 tablespoon Fish Sauce
2 tablespoon Soy sauce
2 tablespoons Fresh basil shredded (Vietnamese basil if you have it)

Heat a non-stick wok and spray with Cooking Spray. Cook chicken until cooked through (about 5 minutes). Add garlic, onions and sweet chilli sauce; cook, stirring, until mixture is browned (about 2 minutes). Add bok choy, fish sauce, soy sauce and basil; cook, stirring, until bok choy is just tender (about 2 minutes).

Serve immediately over steamed rice (doongara or basmati have low GI)

Yields: 4 Servings

You can substitute lean turkey mince for the chicken for a bit stronger taste.

You can add/swap other vegies for the bok choy if you like although remember that boc choy cooks very quickly so if you are substituting slower cooking vegies like carrots you need to adjust the cooking time.
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)

Postby SarahC » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:11 pm

Yum! I just bought some vege (tvp) mince, and was going to make bolognese out of it *yawn*! This looks way tastier - thanks :wink:

Return to Healthy Recipes