It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:00 pm

Free Newsletter

beef dinners

Share your favorite healthy recipes here.

Moderator: Moderators

beef dinners

Postby Iwillbefit » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:47 pm

Has anyone got any ideas for beef dinners? I'd like a change from the usual grilled beef with salad on the side...
I cracked the 90kg mark for the first time in two years, I'm happy!!
Iwillbefit

Postby Lolly » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:58 pm

make a nice stirfry beef and veges.

I just use a packet of frozen veg, a bit of beef (you can use less in stirfry) and a packet mix of some stuff for the flavour (really like the continental thai chilli and lime) and serve over brown rice YUMMO
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby Iwillbefit » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:44 pm

I've done that too - in fact today at lunch I did that with just broccoli and asparagus, and usually my stir fry's are nice but today's one just put me off, I don't mind crunchy vegetables in my stirfry but today I think it was just a little undercooked and now I've turned off my own stirfry :oops: :oops: :oops:
Iwillbefit

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:58 pm

err i got turned off stir fries when i was pregnant. never having them again *yuck* i like steak with mushrooms and gravy.... a steak sandwich, make a casserole/stew, top the beef with salsa...
kate_turner2000

Postby Iwillbefit » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:03 pm

Ohh like steak dianne or a stroganoff hmmmm yeah maybe I dunno I've always had the carb at night like noodles and coz I"m not doing it anymore I'm like blegh ...even now I'm not having my dinner coz I've only got steak in the freezer lol so I'm having my protein shake as a meal replacement instead lol.....yeah kinda getting desperate here..
Iwillbefit

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:27 am

you can have other substitutes for carbs- i like julienne carrots in place of pasta, you can have cabbage or 'notatoes' which is a cauliflower mash
kate_turner2000

Re: beef dinners

Postby Shelli » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:04 pm

Iwillbefit wrote:Has anyone got any ideas for beef dinners? I'd like a change from the usual grilled beef with salad on the side...

I do love my steak with gravy (although trying to cut the gravy out).
The other night I just sauteed mushrooms with garlic and olive oil and a litte TAMARI sauce and dumped them on top, was really nice!

If allowed to have rindless bacon, with all the fat cut off, you could make garlic fillet mignon?

Just buy the low fat bacon with no rind and cut any remaining fat off.

Marinate the meat in a little olive oil and garlic and then cut into thinish slices (that you can roll up). Slice the bacon about the same height, wrap the bacon around it, once rolled, and skewer it. In the oven for about 15 minutes... you have a mini fillet mignon. You could probably have about 3 at dinner with a large salad and it would still be within points/calories.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/ww4C8GD/]
[/url]
Shelli

Return to Healthy Recipes