Lentil burgers are healthy, low-fat, and delicious.
Makes: 8-10 burgers
- 1 cup dry lentils, well rinsed
- 2½ cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp soy sauce, optional
- ¾ cup rolled oats, finely ground
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
Place the lentils, water, and salt in saucepan, bring to a boil, lower heat, cover, and simmer for about 45 minutes, until water is nearly gone and lentils are very soft, with splitting skins.
Saute the onion and carrot in oil until soft (instead of using oil can use baking spray), about 5 minutes.
Mix the lentils, onions, carrots, pepper, and optional soy sauce in the large bowl, then mix in the ground oats and bread crumbs.
While still warm, roll the lentil mixture into patties, which can now be frozen, refrigerated (for up to 5 days), or cooked immediately.
Cooking (2 possibilities):
1. In a frying pan, heat a bit of oil, place a burger on top, and fry until brown, 1-2 minutes. Repeat on other side and serve.
2. In a 180º oven, bake the burgers on a greased baking sheet until light brown, about 15 minutes.
GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs