It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:01 am

Free Newsletter

Breakfast Meals???

Share your favorite healthy recipes here.

Moderator: Moderators

Breakfast Meals???

Postby vinyard » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:16 pm

hey,

Just trying to get some healthy breakfast idea's as its the hardest meal for me :)

dan
vinyard

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:51 pm

hey dAN there are a few breakfast threads about what some people have suggested for breakfast ideas. it sorta depends on what your lifestyle is like. do you like cooking, do u have a lot of time in the morning to do some cooking, are u a fussy eater etc.

there are some recipes in the recipe section for some breakfast options like pancakes, muesli etc. u could have baked beans or tinned spagetti on whole grain toast. eggs are good!
kate_turner2000

Postby Jisgone » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:00 pm

alot of the time in running late for work and dont have time for breakfast, so ill have weetbix (heated up in winter) or a piece of toast and half a homemade muffin, if i have time i like scrambled eggs with some ham mushrooms and tomato cut up in it served on multigrain toast :)
Jisgone

Postby Justjudy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:28 pm

I love an icy cold eggflip (with skim milk), multigrain toast with tomato, and some fruit. Seems to keep me going. :D

Judy
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Chelle » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:51 am

Same I never use to eat any breakfast but I a couple of things that I like, If i'm in a rush I have a sculpt shake that really starts my metabolism off for the day, other wise nutrigrain, fruit salade or spagettii on toast
Chelle

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:52 pm

Have you thought of porridge? It takes a minute and a half to make in the microwave. It's yum and filling and very little cals if you make it with water. You can add some fruit and nuts to it too, like half a banana and some almonds.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby Chunkster » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:29 am

Reading all these posts is making me want to eat porridge!!! Note to self...must buy porridge this arve!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wamVCMb/]
[/url]
Chunkster

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:20 pm

Chunkster porridge is yummo :lol: . Did you end up buying some?

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby Donk » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:22 pm

I eat a bowl of muesli every morning, basically a fruit mixture, I think the brand is Sunsol and it's their Apple and Berry mix, thought I would get bored of it, as I used to do with weetbix. But have been having it for over a year now and love it.

Honestly I dont' know how good it is for me, as I've never looked at the back of the packet, but it says 98% fat free on the front, so it caught my eye at the time.
Donk

Postby Ally » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:28 pm

Hey Donk, we have that muesli too, but just the natural one in the same brand....they are really yummy aren't they?? Hey mate they can't be that bad for you, look how far you have come!! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Jisgone » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:31 pm

i loveee uncle tobys oat tempations in sultana apple and honey flavour, u eat them warm and they are soooo tasty :)
Jisgone

Postby Donk » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:50 pm

Ally wrote:Hey Donk, we have that muesli too, but just the natural one in the same brand....they are really yummy aren't they?? Hey mate they can't be that bad for you, look how far you have come!! :D

Yep, I don't mind a few of them I used to eat the natural one for quite a while from what I remember.
Donk

Postby milkyway » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:59 pm

I eat a bowl of miso soup with brown rice for breakfast most days. I lurve it and it's so quick to prepare if you have a rice cooker that keeps the rice moist and heated. I buy the sachet mixes from the supermarket (in the Asian food section) and I think they are only $2.68 or therabouts for 10.

No, I'm not Asian, but my husband, and is I lived there for several years and picked up the habit :P
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:04 pm

Milkyway brown rice and miso soup must keep you going till lunch tme? I don't know if I could eat rice for breaky, I just can't get my head around the fact that it's not a breaky food :lol:

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby milkyway » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:48 pm

A_Corner_Of_The_Earth wrote:Milkyway brown rice and miso soup must keep you going till lunch tme? I don't know if I could eat rice for breaky, I just can't get my head around the fact that it's not a breaky food :lol:

I know - I found it really strange at first to be eating rice and soup for breakie cos I grew up with cereal - but it's a major meal in a lot of east asian countries where I lived and usually comes with about six or more side dishes (which I don't have at home cos i'm too lazy to prepare them)... but yummm *drool* My favourite is the Korean version of miso called dwaenjeong jiggae, full of veggies, sometimes seafood, chilli paste, various soybean pastes and lots of tofu. Sensational!

It does fill me up and it's the only thing I've ever eaten for breakfast that keeps me going until lunchtime. Usually I don't need a mid or late morning snack to tie me over to lunchtime.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Next

Return to Healthy Recipes