It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:19 am

Free Newsletter

Breakfast Meals???

Share your favorite healthy recipes here.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Mandie » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:58 pm

well, I'm the laziest girl ever and I savour every extra minute of sleep I can get in the mornings - so I always have an Up n Go (sanitarium) for breakfast.. I love it because I just grab it out of the fridge on my way out and I can drink it in the car on my way to uni! It keeps me going until morning tea, when i usually need a light snack..

best thing, is the ones that taste like iced coffee :D and it's all the nutrition of two weetbix and milk...
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:23 am

hey mandie my sister swears by that up n go! she is a busy business woman so she has it when she is in a rush too
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:59 pm

I bought that for my hubbie when he had his wisdom teeth out and couldn't chew anything - now he has it all the time!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby *KaTe* » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:37 pm

I had a Yummo Porridge today, is great if you have a bit of time in the morning to prepare it...didnt take to long, approx 15 mins or so...I have put next to the ingredients what I did today to make it enough for 1 person :)

Walnut Porridge
Serves 4
Ingredients

2 Cups Oats (1/2 cup)
2 Cups Soy milk (1/2 cup)
2 Cups Water (1/2 cup)
1/2 Cup Walnuts, chopped
1 Tbsp LSA (Ground Linseed, Sunflower Seeds, Almonds)
2 Bananas, sliced (1 banana)
2 Tbsp Honey (1 tsp)
1 tsp Cinnamon (1/4 tsp)

Cooking Instructions
Place oats, milk and water in a saucepan, bring to the boil, reduce heat and cook until porridge thickens and the oats are soft (approx 10-12 min).
Stir through the honey and cinnamon then spoon the porridge into warm bowls, top with chopped walnuts, a sprinkle of LSA and sliced banana.
Add extra milk if desired.
*KaTe*

Postby *KaTe* » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:39 pm

These two recipes are great if you dont have much time!

Banana Smoothie

This Recipe Serves 1:

Ingredients:

• 1 banana, roughly chopped
• 1 cup low fat milk
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 tablespoon oat bran
Method:

1.Add all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth (If you would like to have chunks of banana in the smoothie, simply blend the smoothie less).
Makes one large glass.

Muesli Smoothie

Serves 2

Ingredients

1/4 Cup Dried apricots, chopped
1 Cup Soy milk
1/2 Cup Natural muesli
2 Tbsp Honey

Cooking Instructions
Place the muesli, apricots, honey and milk in a blender- process until smooth.
Add more milk if necessary.
Serve in large glasses.

*KaTe*

Postby Justjudy » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:48 pm

I often have smoothies for breakfast Kate, but had never thought to make a muslie one. Know what I am trying for breaky tomorrow.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby *KaTe* » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:57 pm

Justjudy wrote:I often have smoothies for breakfast Kate, but had never thought to make a muslie one. Know what I am trying for breaky tomorrow.

I never was a smoothie person...well unless it had chocolate or ice cream in it :twisted: lol....but now I love have them, I think they are a really good "meal in a drink" and are filling and yummo! Am so addicted to muesli these days too, its beautiful with soy milk!! :D Hope you liked it!
*KaTe*

Postby Justjudy » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:35 pm

I really enjoyed it. Thanks Kate :D The only problem was my 3 year old liked it as well, might have to make 2 tomorrow :lol:

Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Nay » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:43 pm

Just keep an eye on those flavoured porridge sachets. I used to eat them every morning until I read the ingredients - the second ingredient is sugar!

I was a bit upset but have chosen to eat vita brits with dried apricot pieces on them instead.

I kinda like routine and although I wouldn't mind eating something different for breakfast, I'm having trouble changing my habits!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1gyr2A/]
[/url]
Nay

Postby madeline » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:30 am

I'm so bad, I know I should eat a big breakfast but I usually just have a mug of skim milk milo or tea... or maybe a banana if I feel like it, but I just feel sick if I eat in the morning :( Anyone else like me?
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:19 am

im not a breakfast person either madz :( when i was at school id always rather sleeping in that extra bit then getting up for breaky lol. i think as long as you have something it will help kickstart your metabolism for the day. i heard the other day its important to eat breakfast because theres such a big gap between bed time and breakfast that your body is fasting hence the name BREAK (stop) FAST (fasting). lately ive only been having a glass of milo to get me going.
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:04 am

There's no way I could ever go without breakfast! Normally it's the first thing I think of when I wake up in the morning (although on the weekdays I've been waiting till after finish at the gym to eat).

One night, think it was last week, I woke up in the middle of the night, thought it was morning, and started preparing my breakfast!! I looked at the clock twice and finally comprehended what it said the third time I looked. It said 11:30pm... I could have sworn it said 6:30am, or maybe 7:30am!

That's habit for you :roll:
SarahC

Postby sassi » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:25 am

i'm exactly the same sarah! i wake up & feel hungry within minutes & i think it's because i'm so conditioned to eating soon after i wake up. i've just always done it.

i mostly have toast in the mornings before work but on weekends i love baked beans (on toast) or grilled tomatoes & mushrooms (on toast) or lean bacon (on toast). hmmm. i have carb issues!
sassi

Postby superstephanie » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:16 am

mmm breakfast, my favorite meal.

i have a bowl of multi grain cherrios with half a cup of 1% milk and a no fat 50 cal yogurt, that keeps me going t'ill lunch time :)
Livestrong
superstephanie

Postby talia11 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:51 pm

My standard breakfast is usually:
2 weetbix and 1 peice of grain toast
or 1/2 cup of some high fibre cereal with 1/2 cup skim milk + toast
this moring I had 1 piece of grain toast with creamed corn.
or 2 peices of soy + linseed toast with ham and tomato
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

PreviousNext

Return to Healthy Recipes