It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:04 pm

Free Newsletter

"Creamy" Chicken Satay Salad

Share your favorite healthy recipes here.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:40 pm

Oooh that sounds cool Ally :D We've made our own PB at home before! They say you have to keep the 100% stuff in the fridge because the natural oil separates and comes to the top, but I find that if I do it's too hard to spread and you have to use so much more! So I buy the smooth one and just always give it a good stir :D Mmm yummy peanut butter and honey/jam on fruit toast!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Mandie » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:54 pm

Speaking of peanut butter made me have a MAJOR craving, so thanks a lot guys! Grr...

See, when I was young, my grandmother used to feed my sister and I peanut butter from a spoon (a TABLESPOON!)...

So now.. I can't just have a bit on bread, I always just want to dig it out of the jar and eat it all! It's one of my danger foods.. I just cannot control myself when there is peanut butter in the house!

So I can't make this recipe unless someone will come and take the jar away when I'm done!!!
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:26 pm

hey mandie have u seen meet joe black? he walks around eating peanut butter out the jar with a spoon- god he is hot!
kate_turner2000

Postby Justjudy » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:08 pm

[quote="Mandie"]See, when I was young, my grandmother used to feed my sister and I peanut butter from a spoon (a TABLESPOON!)...

So now.. I can't just have a bit on bread, I always just want to dig it out of the jar and eat it all! It's one of my danger foods.. I just cannot control myself when there is peanut butter in the house!

Mandie I know where you are coming from. If I am stressing out, I tell my nine year old to go and hide the jar, because there is something very comforting about licking pb off the spoon. :lol:

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Ally » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:20 am

Sorry Mandie and Judy didn't mean to bring up bad memories!! Ok so no satay salad for you ladies.....it looks like you will have to join Tom and just have a 'creamy' salad.... :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Sassygirl » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:17 pm

Hay I made this last night - the kids hated it ... but my husband said it was "sensational".
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:37 pm

thanks for letting us know! thats a great compliment from a bloke :D
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:46 pm

hehhehe gotta love kids to make you feel wonderful!! My kids hated it the first time I served it to them too, but when we had it for dinner the other night they were all over it :roll:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Previous

Return to Healthy Recipes