We had some bananas that were very ripe so I deicide to make a banana cake, late last night. I altered the recipe to make it low fat and low kj content. Beauty was my ginnie pig this morning and he said it tasted great. I made him take most (bar 2 slices so we can have it for dessert tonight) of it to work to share around to get temptation out the way.
Anyway thought I would share the low fat version with all you lovely people.
Low Fat Banana Cake (Serves 9)
- Per slice 746kjs, 3.9g fat
- 1 1/2cups wholemeal self raising flour
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 ripe medium banana's
- Pre-heat oven to 180
- In large bowl sift flour, add sugar and spice and mix.
- In blender combine bananas, vanilla, oil & milk. Blend until smooth.
- Add liquid mixture to dry mixture.
- Pour batter into loaf pan (I use baking paper so it doesn't stick) and bake for 35 minutes.
GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs