It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:02 am

Free Newsletter

pork and vegetable medley

Share your favorite healthy recipes here.

Moderator: Moderators

pork and vegetable medley

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri May 18, 2007 10:21 am

from better homes and gardens 2007

Serves 4

You'll need
400g pork fillet
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp cornflour
3 tblsp dry sherry
100g snow peas
Bunch of spring onions/shallots
1 tsp caster sugar
3 tblsp dark soy sauce
2 tblsp vegetable oil

Here's how
1 Cut the pork fillet into thin strips and put in a bowl. Peel and finely chop the garlic and add to the pork. Sprinkle over the cornflour and pour in the sherry. Toss the pork until well coated. Leave to marinate.

2 Meanwhile, trim and diagonally slice snow peas and spring onions. Combine sugar and soy sauce. Heat half the oil in a wok until very hot. Add snow peas. Toss for 1?2 minutes. Add the onions. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Remove vegetables from the wok.

3 Heat the remaining oil in the wok until very hot. Add pork and marinade mixture. Stir-fry over a high heat for 3?4 minutes, or until browned. Stir in soy sauce mixture. Cook for a further minute. Return vegetables to wok. Fry for a further
2 minutes. Serve at once.

Shopping tip
Soy sauce is a salty sauce made by fermenting boiled soy beans and roasted wheat or barley. It ranges in colour from light to dark, and it can be thick or thin.

Did you know?
Pork fillet is low in fat and kilojoules. It is rich in B vitamins, and is an excellent source of iron and zinc, both of which are vital for a healthy body.

Cook's tip
Be careful when adding the sherry mixture to the wok in step 3, as the liquid may make the hot oil spit.

Variation
If you don't want to use sherry for the marinade mixture in step 1, try rice wine or apple juice instead.

Serving tip
For a complete meal, serve the pork and vegetables with a bowl of egg fried rice or fresh noodles.
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Fri May 18, 2007 4:08 pm

Sounds yummy kate but I'm affraid to eat pork after I have had food poisioning twice from eating it, but I suppose I never cooked it myself always bought from a shop or restaurant so that could be my problem.
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri May 18, 2007 4:53 pm

err i hate it when you have bad experiences with food. mick refuses to eat tomato because i got a mouldy hamburger one day at a train station.

i have got food poisoning and ended up at the emergency room at the hospital from a leading supermarket's deli meat :?
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Sun May 20, 2007 1:26 am

That's awfull Kate, I've never been that bad with food poising but enough to never touch it again
Chelle

Postby Maraver » Sun May 20, 2007 7:58 am

Nice recipe I enjoy cooking with Pork Filet maybe expensive but there is not any waste at all
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Return to Healthy Recipes