New Year’s Resolution 2015
At the beginning of 2015, most people will be thinking about what they have achieved or most commonly what they haven’t achieved in 2014.
Was your New Year resolution in 2014 to lose weight, get fit or simply to get healthy?
Are you fed up with making a resolution and never sticking to it?
Don’t worry we are here to help. Below are our top tips to help you stay on track in 2015.
- Firstly let’s get rid of the word resolution and start thinking of them as goals.
- Write down your goals so that you have them somewhere you can see them regularly - this will help keep them fresh in your mind.
- When you set your goals make them specific – saying that you want to lose weight is great but if you put a kilo amount down it makes you a lot more accountable.
- Make your goals realistic – 0.5kgs per week is a realistic target to set yourself. Make sure that you don’t set your targets too high otherwise you risk not reaching them, in saying that don’t make them too easy either otherwise you will have no need to change anything and then this time next year you will be in the same situation.
- Make them time specific – by putting time frames on them it will help motivate you.
- Have short term goals – set smaller targets like weekly or monthly goals (e.g. going to gym 3 times a week or parking further away from the supermarket when doing the shopping).
- Celebrate your achievements – rewarding yourself is a great way to keep fighting through those tough moments. Do not reward yourself with food.
- Set yourself up with a great support network. You want to be surrounded by people that are going to help you achieve your goals, these can be friends and family or even weight loss professionals.
- Don’t just have a weight loss goal. Using measurements is a great way to see your body shape change and it is something you can do yourself. Having a fitness goal is another great way to lose weight.
- Don’t set yourself up to fail – There are so many different tools available that can help you succeed. Weekly Menu plans, shopping lists, food and exercise diaries, phone apps etc.
Let’s start 2015 off like never before – with confidence and enthusiasm. You can do it, all need is a little belief in yourself.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
© Copyright Ultimate Weightloss.
This article was written by Tanya Whitfield.
Tanya is the Retreat Director at OnTrack Weight Loss & Fitness Retreats, Australia's No.1 Weight Loss Retreat. Get fit & healthy in 2015 at OnTrack’s Australian health retreats in NSW & Victoria.
To get a free info pack, visit www.OnTrackRetreats.com.au or call 1300 949 144.