We have left the mushrooms in this burrito raw however you can saute prior to cooking the egg. Other options are to add onion or spring onion, salsa or cheese however none of these are included in the nutritionals.
This recipe is low sugar and high protein. Most of the fat in this recipe is good fat from the avocado.
- 1 slice short cut bacon, all fat removed
- 2 tbsp. red capsicum diced
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1 light tortilla
- 2 tbsp. low fat milk
- 2 med or 4 button mushrooms
- Handfull fresh spinach leaves
- Cooking spray
- Spray non stick frypan with olive oil spray and cook bacon until crispy, take off and set aside.
- Break eggs into bowl with milk, season with salt and pepper and beat with fork.
- Spray pan again and add egg mixture to pan moving them around with spatula until nearly cooked, take off heat.
- Layout burritos, add mixture in the center of burrito topping with tomato, avocado, spinach, mushrooms and capsicum.
- Fold short sides in and bottom flap up and roll up tortillas.
- Option to place folded burrito into sandwich press and heat for 1 minute or serve untoasted.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1530 kJ||456 kJ|
|365 Cal||109 Cal|
|Protein||23.7 g||7.1 g|
|Fat, total||17.9 g||5.3 g|
|- Saturated||6.1 g||1.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||24 g||7.2 g|
|- Sugars||4.9 g||1.4 g|
|Sodium||755 mg||225 mg|