We've used BBQ sauce in this recipe, if you don't like BBQ sauce due to the sweetness then substitute with relish or chutney, or even some wholegrain mustard.
- 6 slices light rye bread (we used Helgas Brand)
- 2 slices short cut (Canadian) bacon (we used Coles Brand)
- ¼ onion, diced
- 2 eggs
- 4 med sized mushrooms (140g)
- 4 slices tomato
- ½ cup lettuce, shredded
- Spray cooking spray
- 1 tbsp. BBQ Sauce
- In a small non-stick frypan, spray with cooking spray and sauté onions and mushrooms for 4-5 mins until all cooked. Season with S & P, turn off heat and set aside.
- Cook bacon in non-stick frypan, sprayed with cooking spray. When both sides cooked, take off heat and place on paper towel.
- Same pan, cook the 2 eggs, with a little cooking spray. Turn over so both side cook.
- Toast your bread, lightly don't over toast. Spread the toast with a thin layer of light marg spread.
- Divide mushroom mixture onto 2 slices toast, spread out.
- Place 1 slice of bacon on each mushroom toast.
- Place another slice of toast on top.
- Then place lettuce and tomato slices, egg and squeeze a little BBQ sauce on top of the egg.
- Finish with the last slice of toast. Cut all crusts off with a sharp knife, and then cut the sandwich in half.
- Place a toothpick in the centre of each one and serve immediately.
Servings: 2 Serving size:355g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2320 kJ||653 kJ|
|554 Cal||156 Cal|
|Protein||29.2 g||8.2 g|
|Fat, total||13.2 g||3.7 g|
|- Saturated||4.7 g||1.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||73.2 g||20.6 g|
|- Sugars||8.3 g||2.3 g|
|Sodium||1050 mg||297 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.