This delicious Cajun Breakfast Bake recipe, which is amazing served on toast with baked beans, is easy to make and will keep you feeling full for hours.
- 1 sausage or chorizo sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 med mushrooms or 4 small, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- ½ cup low fat milk
- 4 cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 potatoes, coliban or new potatoes
- ½ capsicum, red or green or both
- Smoked paprika or Cajun Spice, ¼ teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 180C (356F).
- Peirce potatoes with a skewer a few times and microwave for approx. 10 mins or until cooked. Take out, set aside to cool and cut into bite size pieces with skin on.
- In a fry pan, cook, set aside and when cooled cut into 8 pieces.
- In the same frypan, heat olive oil and fry onions and capsicum for 5 mins. Now add seasoning, either paprika or Cajun spice, just a sprinkle of both. Omit if you don’t like these. Add mushrooms and keep cooking on low med heat for a further 3 mins, take off heat.
- Now you will need a small baking dish, approx. 6-7 cups in size. Lay chopped potato on the base, spread the sausage on top, now the onion/capsicum mix. Season with some salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs and egg whites with the low fat milk. Pour into dish evenly then place the halved tomato on top.
- Bake in oven for 40-50 mins. Outside cooks quicker than centre so if still runny in the centre place under grill for 5-10 mins.
- Serve with Salt Reduced Baked Beans and 1 large slice toast per person.
Servings: 4 Serving size:237g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||811 kJ||342 kJ|
|194 Cal||82 Cal|
|Protein||11.7 g||4.9 g|
|Fat, total||10.8 g||4.5 g|
|- Saturated||3.4 g||1.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||11.1 g||4.7 g|
|- Sugars||5.1 g||2.2 g|
|Sodium||237 mg||100 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.