You can add mushrooms or capsicum with the beans if you like and if you like a bit of heat then a pinch of chilli or sauce. Add a couple of slices of avocado if you like.
This recipe is low sodium, low sugar, low saturated fat and high protein.
- 2 small potatoes
- 100g red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup crushed or diced canned tomatoes
- 2 tsp. taco or fajita seasoning mix
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- ¼ cup water if needed
- 2 eggs
- Chives for garnish
- Pierce your potato a couple of times. Place on a plate and microwave for about 8 minutes, depending on the size of your potatoes. When cooked take out and place on your plates.
- Whilst potato is cooking, heat a small non-stick frypan with olive oil and sauté your onion for a few minutes until softened. Add your beans and canned tomatoes, season with your taco/fajita seasoning mix and water if needed. Stir in tomatoes paste and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Boil a pot of water to poach your eggs. Once your water starts to boil turn down to a simmer, swirl centre of water with a spoon and drop in your egg, one at a time. Usually 4 minutes from then your egg should be cooked.
- Cut your potatoes down centre then in half. Place your bean mixture in centre of each potato then your poached egg. Garnish with chopped chives.
Servings: 2 Serving size:366g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1460 kJ||398 kJ|
|349 Cal||95 Cal|
|Protein||17.5 g||4.8 g|
|Fat, total||11.9 g||3.3 g|
|- saturated||3 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||38.9 g||10.6 g|
|- sugars||7.4 g||2 g|
|Sodium||404 mg||110 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.