Nectarines are relatively high in fibre and are an excellent source of Vitamin A and good source of Vitamin C. Nectarines are in season during summer and if you are lucky enough to have a nectarine or a peach tree, they are lovely grilled and served for breakfast as they are in this recipe.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 ripe nectarines, halved and stone removed
- 1 orange, cut into quarters
- Sift flour into bowl and make a well in centre.
- Mix together low fat milk, olive oil and egg until well combined.
- Mix into flour and using whisk mix until batter is smooth.
- Preheat medium non stick frying pan over medium – high heat, spray pan with olive oil spray and pour 1/3 cupful of mixture into pan and cook until bubbles appear. Flip and cook other side until golden brown.
- Heat griddle pan over high heat and grill nectarines until golden brown.
- Place on top of pancakes, squeeze orange quarters over the top and serve immediately.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1960 kJ||485 kJ|
|468 Cal||116 Cal|
|Protein||17.3 g||4.3 g|
|Fat, total||12.0 g||3.0 g|
|- Saturated||3.1 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||67.4 g||16.7 g|
|- Sugars||21.8 g||5.4 g|
|Sodium||92 mg||23 mg|