This dish can be served straight from the baking dish as is, or you can even add milk to serve. The bake comes out of the oven nice and moist and the dish has a wonderful texture to go along with the great fresh taste of oats, peaches, sultanas and cranberries.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar or maple syrup or honey
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Peach, peeled and diced (if out of season use canned peach drained)
- ¼ cup dried or fresh cranberries
- ¼ cup sultanas or raisons
- 2 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon veg or canola oil
- 2 cups low natural yoghurt to serve (1/2 cup each serve)
- Preheat oven 180c (355F)
- In a bowl mix the oats, baking powder, salt, with the sugar or honey.
- In another bowl whisk the egg whites, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Add the liquid mix to the oat mix and sit for 5-8 mins so the oats absorb the liquid.
- Now stir in the peach, cranberries and sultanas.
- Spray with cooking spray a small baking dish then put in the mixture. Sprinkle top with walnuts.
- Bake for 35 mins, take out and sit for 5 mins.
- Serve with low fat natural yoghurt.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1820 kJ||596 kJ|
|435 Cal||142 Cal|
|Protein||14.3 g||4.7 g|
|Fat, total||9.1 g||3.0 g|
|- Saturated||2.4 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||70.5 g||23.1 g|
|- Sugars||37 g||12.2 g|
|Sodium||405 mg||133 mg|