Potato is an exceptionally healthful low calorie, high fiber food that offers significant protection against cardiovascular disease and cancer.
As the calorie level on this breakfast is quite low, you could include smoked salmon or even a slice of short cut bacon if you like.
- 2 medium potatoes (approx. 130g)
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp. plain flour
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped chives
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- S & P to taste
- Preheat oven 180C.
- Grate potato with skin on into a bowl. Squeeze all water out of the potato. Make sure potato is as dry as possible.
- In your bowl with dry potato place egg white, chives, mustard flour and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a non stick fry pan sprayed with cooking spray. Divide your mixture into 2 patties, place in pan, press down with spatula and cook until browned on each side.
- Place on an oven tray lined with baking paper and place in oven whilst you cook your egg. Your cakes will finish cooking in oven. Add cherry tomatoes on tray if you like or you can have these uncooked.
- Poach your eggs to your liking.
- Serve potato cake on plates, place egg on top and cherry tomatoes on side. Option to serve tomato relish.
- Serve immediately.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||669 kJ||389 kJ|
|160 Cal||93 Cal|
|Protein||12 g||7 g|
|Fat, total||5.7 g||3.3 g|
|- Saturated||1.9 g||1.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||14 g||8 g|
|- Sugars||1.5 g||0.9 g|
|Sodium||161 mg||94 mg|