Mushrooms are a fantastic breakfast idea and are very high in fibre (so they keep us feeling full longer) and are very low in fat. Whoever you enjoy them with, they'll be sure to love it! This recipe is low carb, low sugar, low sodium, low saturated fat and high protein.
- 1 large field mushroom or 2 med sized
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp. low fat milk
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped chives
- 1 tbsp. low fat grated cheese
- Sprinkle of garlic powder
- Olive oil spray
- Pepper to taste
- Heat griddle pan or non-stick fry pan on med heat.
- Spray field mushrooms with olive oil, on the inside sprinkle with garlic powder and grill both sides approx 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Spray olive oil into saucepan. Whisk eggs and milk very lightly in a bowl and add salt and pepper. Heat pan over low heat and pour in egg mixture.
- Stir over low heat. When the egg mixture is still quite runny remove from heat, add cheese and continue to stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Place scrambled eggs with mushroom, garnish with chives and serve immediately.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||826 kJ||310 kJ|
|197 Cal||74 Cal|
|Protein||23.1 g||8.7 g|
|Fat, total||9.3 g||3.5 g|
|- Saturated||3.9 g||1.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||2.9 g||1.1 g|
|- Sugars||2.9 g||1.1 g|
|Sodium||219 mg||82 mg|