For those who haven't totally given up carbs, bread is great to make on cold winter days. Because it's wholemeal bread and is home made, it's alot healthier than many commercial white loaves.
- 4 cups plain white flopur
- 1 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 1/4 cup bran
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons bread improver
- 10 grams dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 600ml warm water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees (fan forced oven 200 degrees).
- Grease a large bread tin.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, except yeast, make a large well in the centre of the ingredients.
- Mix the honey, warm water and vegetale oil together. Pour into well. Add yeast mix in lightly.
- Sprinkle a little bit of flour over the top of the water well.Leave this for 1/2 an hour to prove. The well should form a bubble in the middle and this means the yeast has been activated.
- Mix the dough around thoroughly. Take dough out, place onto floured flat surface and shape inot ball. Place back into bowl.Cover and leave for about 1 hour in warm place.
- The dough should have doubled in size after about 1 hour. Take out of bowl, knead lightly.
- Put into tin carefully. Place plastic wrap over the tin and allow the dough to rise about 5 cm. Brush dough lightly with milk.
- Cook in preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until golden brown on top. To test if bread is cooked, tap the bottom of the bread. It should sound hollow if cooked.
Servings: 12 Serving size:123g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1090 kJ||887 kJ|
|260 Cal||212 Cal|
|Protein||8.1 g||6.6 g|
|Fat, total||1.8 g||1.5 g|
|- Saturated||0.6 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||50.2 g||40.8 g|
|- Sugars||0.7 g||0.5 g|
|Sodium||327 mg||266 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.