Almonds are a great friend to low-carb eaters. They are packed with a lot of nutrients for a small amount of carbohydrate.
Almonds are a good source of magnesium, copper, riboflavin (vitamin B2), and phosphorus. Although one-quarter cup of almonds contains about 18 grams of fat, most of it (11 grams) is heart-healthy monounsaturated fat.
- 200g almond meal
- 400g navel orange (approx 2 oranges)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 150g sugar
- 150g Low Fat Custard
- Orange rind (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 fan forced).
- Take a small amount of rind of oranges and set aside for garnish.
- Place oranges in saucepan full of water and cook for about 45 minutes or until very soft.
- Place orange in food processor and process until smooth. Place in bowl; add almond meal, eggs and sugar and mix well to combine.
- Grease a 12 hole muffin tray and place mixture in each one. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until set.
- Let cool slightly in tin, remove and serve with yogurt and rind.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||827 kJ||919 kJ|
|198 Cal||219 Cal|
|Protein||6.0 g||6.7 g|
|Fat, total||10.8 g||12.0 g|
|- Saturated||1.1 g||1.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||17.9 g||19.9 g|
|- Sugars||17.5 g||19.4 g|
|Sodium||27 mg||30 mg|