Poached pears could also be used for this recipe. The balsamic gives the apple a subtle flavour, orange juice can be used instead if desired.
Because they are generally low in fat and very nutritious, fruits are something dieters should try to include in their diets as much as possible.
- 230g Jonathon apple (approx 2 Apples)
- 10g balsamic vinegar
- 50g blackberries
- 20g raspberries
- 30g pear
- Peel apples and place in sauce pan, cover with water and add balsamic vinegar.
- Cook over low medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Place berries and pear in small bowl and using stick blender, blend until smooth.
- Remove pears from liquid, place coulis on plate and pear on top. Coulis can be drizzled on pear if desired. Serve immediately.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||391 kJ||230 kJ|
|93 Cal||55 Cal|
|Protein||0.9 g||0.5 g|
|Fat, total||0.1 g||0.1 g|
|- Saturated||0.0 g||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate||18.4 g||10.8 g|
|- Sugars||18.3 g||10.8 g|
|Sodium||2 mg||1 mg|