This recipe make approx 8 med sized pancakes, serving 2 per person is amble. We have used frozen berries for convenience however if berries are in season please use these. This dessert is not overly sweet so if you have a sweet tooth then drizzle a little maple syrup over as well.
- 1 cup sr flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder, good quality
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup mixed berries (we used frozen)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp. cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp. cold water
- Cooking spray
- Sift self raising flour and cocoa into medium bowl.
- Make well in the centre and add egg, milk and sugar.
- Mix well until smooth. Place in fridge until ready to cook.
- Meanwhile place berries in a small saucpan with water and simmer for 5 mins. Stir in cornflour mixture until thickened. Turn off heat.
- Take out your mix from fridge, if it is very thick then add a little milk to help thin it out.
- Preheat non stick medium frying pan, with a little cooking spray, over medium heat, add about ¼ cup into pan and cook op, until bubbles form on the flip and cook until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with warmed berries.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1030 kJ||487 kJ|
|246 Cal||116 Cal|
|Protein||11 g||5.2 g|
|Fat, total||3.1 g||1.5 g|
|- Saturated||1.3 g||0.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||41.1 g||19.4 g|
|- Sugars||10.6 g||5.0 g|
|Sodium||330 mg||156 mg|