The natural yogurt in this cake recipe helps give the cake its wonderful texture, and of course adds the nutritional goodness, including those from the yoghurt cultures.
- 2 tbsp light margarine spread (100g)
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup low fat natural yoghurt
- 2 cups plain flour, sifted with baking powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- ¼ cup hot milk
- 1 lemon freshly squeezed
- 1 lime freshly squeezed
- 1 lemon rind grated
- 1 lime rind grated
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Lightly spray a cake log pan with oil, and line with baking paper.
- With a mixer, place light spread and sugar and mix well for around 5 mins.
- Whilst still beating, add Vanilla Essence
- Still beating add eggs, one at a time, don’t worry if it looks curdled.
- Stop mixing and add both rinds, juices and yoghurt, and continue to mix on low speed.
- Heat milk (in a large cup) in microwave for 30 sec so it is hot and add the baking(bi-carb) soda, it will foam.
- Stop mixture and add milk with a wooden spoon.
- Sift in flour and baking powder together into the mixture, not all at once, in thirds.
- Turn into a greased and lined 20 cm round cake tin
- Bake at 180°C approx. 40 mins, testing with a skewer in centre that no mixture sticks to skewer. A little longer might be needed, depending on oven.
- Leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack
- This cake doesn’t need any icing, it is great served on its own or with a light dusting of icing sugar.
Servings: 10 Serving size:75g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||703 kJ||937 kJ|
|168 Cal||224 Cal|
|Protein||4.7 g||6.2 g|
|Fat, total||3.1 g||4.1 g|
|- Saturated||0.9 g||1.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||29.6 g||39.5 g|
|- Sugars||10.4 g||13.8 g|
|Sodium||307 mg||409 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.