The orange flavour coming through this cake is beautiful and not too overpowering. Served with fresh strawberries or a mixture of your favourite fruits, and this cake makes a great dessert or snack.
- 100g light margarine spread
- 1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup low fat natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoon low fat milk
- ½ cup caster sugar
- Rind grated from 2 large oranges
- ¼ cup orange juice from the oranges
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Spray of canola oil
- Preheat oven to 180C (356F)
- In a loaf pan, line with baking paper so the paper protrudes over the 2 long sides to make it easy to lift out. Spray with canola oil.
- Place margarine spread and sugar in a bowl and mix for 5 minutes, we used a mixer.
- Add vanilla essence whilst mixing, then rind.
- Add 1 egg at a time; allow to mix in before next egg.
- Add flour but ½ at a time.
- Now add take off mixer and with a wooden spoon add low fat milk, OJ and natural yoghurt.
- Pour mixture into tin and bake for approx. 40 mins, depending on oven. Check after 35 mins then assess.
- Take out, cool on wire rack and dust with icing sugar which is optional.
Servings: 8 Serving size:90g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||830 kJ||922 kJ|
|198 Cal||220 Cal|
|Protein||5.4 g||6.0 g|
|Fat, total||3.9 g||4.4 g|
|- Saturated||1.2 g||1.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||34.8 g||38.7 g|
|- Sugars||16.5 g||18.4 g|
|Sodium||225 mg||250 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.