As well as giving this dessert recipe a wonderful taste and texture, the pears also provide fiber, vitamin B2, C, E, copper, and potassium. Pears are an excellent source of pectin, which is a water soluble fiber. Fibre is great for everyone, but especially dieter's because it keeps us feeling full longer.
- 59g egg (1 egg)
- 10g splenda
- 85g self raising flour
- 5g ground ginger
- 120g canned pear halves
- 100g yogurt (to serve if desired)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 degrees fan forced).
- Beat the egg and spenda together until combined. Add the flour and mix until well combined.
- Beat in the ginger and mix well.
- Cut pears into even slices. Grease two half cup size ramekins and grease with small amount of melted butter. Place sponge mixture evenly in both ramekins, place pears over the top and cook for 12 15 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Serve with yogurt if desired.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1230 kJ||647 kJ|
|294 Cal||155 Cal|
|Protein||11.8 g||6.2 g|
|Fat, total||4.3 g||2.2 g|
|- Saturated||1.6 g||0.9 g|
|Carbohydrate||49.0 g||25.8 g|
|- Sugars||12.3 g||6.5 g|
|Sodium||384 mg||202 mg|