Technically this crumble is not gluten free as it contains oats, but we are happy to pronounce this as being wheat free.
Other changes we've made include using only 2 tbsp. of sugar and using light margarine spread instead of butter. For those of you who love butter, please feel free to use this instead if you prefer.
This crumble tastes great with the strawberries, and when they are in season, makes a really inexpensive dessert. If strawberries our out of season, you can use frozen strawberries instead.
- 1 punnet strawberries, hulled, halved
- 1 Apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Sprinkle Cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. almond meal
- 3 tbsp. light margarine spread, melted (or 2 x butter if desired)
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. caster sugar
- Preheat oven to180C (350F).
- In 2 ramekins or 2 small oven dishes place strawberries and apple. Sprinkle 1 tbsp. caster sugar and mix.
- In a small bowl, mix oats, almond meal, a sprinkle of cinnamon, melted margarine and brown sugar with a spoon until all have incorporated.
- Sprinkle the mixture on top of the strawberries in the 2 ramekins.
- Bake for 30 mins.
- Serve with low fat custard if desired.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1650 kJ||630 kJ|
|394 Cal||150 Cal|
|Protein||10.0 g||3.8 g|
|Fat, total||14.6 g||5.6 g|
|- Saturated||2.0 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||52.4 g||20 g|
|- Sugars||18.2 g||7.0 g|
|Sodium||72 mg||28 mg|