We've divided the chicken in this recipe and served them on skewers, but it can also be cooked and served as a whole chicken breast.
As well as being a great dinner recipe idea, this dish can also be enjoyed for lunch and even served while entertaining. An alternate meat to chicken you could use is turkey breast.
This recipe is low fat, low sugar, low sodium, high protein and dairy free.
- 2 chicken breasts, no skin
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. ginger, crushed
- 1 tsp. chilli
- 2 tbsp. ketchup manis (sweet soy in Asian section of supermarket)
- ½ tsp. cracked pepper
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. corn flour mixed with 2 tbsp. OJ
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup broccoli
- 2 cups steamed rice
- In a small pot on low heat sesame oil and peanut oil, then add the garlic, ginger, chilli and sauté for 1 minute.
- After 1 minute, add the ketchup manis, OJ, sugar and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes, low heat. Take off and cool, you can do this ahead of time and keep in fridge.
- If you are using wooden skewers please soak in water 30 mins prior.
- Cook rice as per instructions, best results are in a rice cooker.
- Dice chicken into cubes and skewer, approx. 5 pieces per skewer.
- On a griddle pan or BBQ cook chicken until tender, do not overcook. Place on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm and rest.
- Steam your broccoli florets, until a skewer can pierce, don’t over steam.
- Re-heat the sauce and when simmering add cornflour mixture to the simmering sauce, stirring it in and it should thicken in a minute.
- Plate up your rice, broccoli and chicken onto plate and drizzle the sauce over the chicken.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1820 kJ||560 kJ|
|435 Cal||134 Cal|
|Protein||48.5 g||14.9 g|
|Fat, total||9.8 g||3.0 g|
|- Saturated||2.1 g||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||35.7 g||11.0 g|
|- Sugars||10.9 g||3.4 g|
|Sodium||412 mg||127 mg|