If serving more than two, you can use lamb fillets instead of cutlets, just remember to adjust the cooking time. You can also drizzle a tiny splash of balsamic vinegar over the medley when cooked to give another taste dimension.
This recipe is low sat fat, low sodium, low sugar, high protein, gluten free, dairy free.
- 6 lamb cutlets trimmed of all fat
- 2 tbsp. seeded mustard
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Olive oil Spray
- ¼ to ½ (depending on size) sweet potato, chopped (aka yams or kumara)
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum, cut into chunks
- 2 tomatoes, halved
- ½ large or 1 small zucchini (aka courgette) sliced
- S & P to taste
- Marinate lamb cutlets in lemon juice, seeded mustard and oil. Add salt and pepper to taste and marinate for about 20 minutes or longer for a stronger flavour.
- Preheat BBQ or griddle pan.
- Place the tomato, zucchini, potato, capsicum and sweet potato in a large bowl and spray with olive oil spray.
- Cook on BBQ; keep turning so they don’t burn, for around 15 mins.
- Spray cutlets with spray and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes each side or until medium rare.
- Serve immediately with a side salad as well.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2040 kJ||454 kJ|
|487 Cal||108 Cal|
|Protein||40.1 g||8.9 g|
|Fat, total||16.9 g||3.8 g|
|- Saturated||5.6 g||1.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||39.3 g||8.7 g|
|- Sugars||8.7 g||1.9 g|
|Sodium||410 mg||91 mg|