We typically use 1 large porterhouse steak in this recipe and cut it into strips, however sirloin or eye fillet work just as well.
This recipe is low in fat & saturated fat, low sugar and good source of protein
- Hokkien noodles, thin (100g)
- 2 tsp oil, we used olive oil but veg or peanut is good
- 1 large rump or porterhouse steak, sliced 200g
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum (bell pepper) sliced
- 2 tbsp. kecup manis (sweet soy)
- 2 tbsp. black bean sauce
- 1/2 small broccoli cut into florets
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp chilli paste (or fresh)
- 1 tsp. cornflour mixed with a little cold water in a cup
- 1 cup water
- In a large heatproof bowl place noodles and cover with hot boiling water and soak for 2 minutes. Drain, keeping aside 1/2 cup of the water.
- Heat 1/2 the oil in a wok or large frypan & add onion and capsicum and stir fry for 5 minutes, take out and set aside.
- Pour 1/2 cup of hot water into pan and simmer broccoli with crushed garlic until half cooked. Place in bowl with the onion mixture.
- Now add the remaining oil to the pan and brown beef until seared on all sides, around 3-4 minutes. Add chilli and season with cracked pepper.
- Include back to pan the onion, capsicum and broccoli with the meat, stir for a minute and add the black bean andkecup manis sauce, stirring. Now add the cornflour mixed with a little cold water, stirring. You might need to add a little more water if sauce becomes too thick.
- Place noodles in 2 bowls and the beef mixture on top and serve immediately.
Servings: 2 Serving size:449g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2040 kJ||455 kJ|
|487 Cal||109 Cal|
|Protein||42.7 g||9.5 g|
|Fat, total||11.7 g||2.6 g|
|- Saturated||2.9 g||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||48.3 g||10.8 g|
|- Sugars||16.8 g||3.7 g|
|Sodium||1380 mg||307 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.