You can make the meat mixture a day ahead and cook the following day. As with most lasagnes, they always taste better the next day.
This recipe is low fat, low sugar and high protein.
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 8 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 120g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 cup red wine (Cab Sav or Shiraz)
- 3 cups beef stock, salt reduced
- 2 tsp. dried herbs (oregano, marjoram, Italian)
- 1 tbsp. Worcecshire sauce
- 2 cups passata or 2 cans tomatoes crushed
- 200g fresh pasta sheets (approx 4) or 8 dried
- 100g reduced fat cheese, grated
- 500g light ricotta
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a large pot heat olive oil and saute onions for 5 mins on medium heat.
- Add celery, carrot and zucchini and cook for 5 minutes. Add the beef and turn up heat slightly to brown the meat. Once nearly cooked add the mushrooms stirring until beef has cooked. Season with herbs, salt and pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Add red wine and 4 cloves garlic and cook a further couple of minutes.
- Add stock, 1 cup passata and tomato paste bring to a simmer then turn down heat, place on lid and simmer lowest heat for 1 hour. Then take off lid add spinach leaves and simmer a further 15 mins to reduce some of the liquid.
- Grab your lasagne dish and pour 1 cup of passata on the bottom. Cover with lasagne sheet then layer with meat sauce, lasagne sheet, meat sauce lasagne sheet etc until all gone.
- In a mixing bowl place ricotta, 1 egg, 1 clove garlic, season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle half the cheese in the ricotta mixture and mix until all combined. Spread on top of the last lasagne sheet evenly then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes in oven, then take off foil and cook a further 15 minutes.
- Serve with a side salad.
Servings: 8 Serving size:478g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1590 kJ||332 kJ|
|380 Cal||79 Cal|
|Protein||36.8 g||7.7 g|
|Fat, total||13.6 g||2.9 g|
|- Saturated||7.2 g||1.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||22.9 g||4.8 g|
|- Sugars||9.3 g||2.0 g|
|Sodium||714 mg||149 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.