We can't think of a better way to get more vegetables, protein and flavour into your diet than incorporating this recipe into it.
Cook it for yourself, family or friends and we guarantee everyone will be licking their lips and asking for more.
This recipe is low saturated fat, low sugar and high in protein.
- 1 cup cooked rice (1/2 cup dried) we used basmati
- 200g eye fillet or 2 medallions, sliced
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 large broccoli cut into florets
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum, sliced (aka bell pepper)
- 1/2 cup peas & corn (we used frozen)
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp. mirin or rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce, light
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp.sesame oil
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1 tsp. crushed ginger
- In a bowl or container mix the mirin, mustard, soy, oyster sauce, sugar, sesame oil, garlic and ginger and mix well. Place the beef in a bowl and pour half the mixture, mix and ensure that the beef is coated, cover and keep in fridge until ready to cook. Keep the other half of the liquid for the vegies later.
- Cook rice as per instructions.
- Place the broccoli, carrots, mushrooms and peas/corn in wok with ¼ cup water, place lid on top and steam for 5 mins or you can pre steam in steamer until just cooked. Set aside.
- In the wok, heat ½ the oil and stir fry the onion first for around 4 mins, and then add the capsicum. Stir fry for another 4 mins. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- In the wok, heat the remaining oil and place the meat and stir fry for 1 - 2 minutes, take off heat and onto a plate and set aside.
- Place onions and capsicum back into wok, stir for 30 seconds, place the vegetables and add the remaining sauce. Stir fry for 1 minute then add the meat and stir until all is incorporated.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top divide onto 2 plates with rice and enjoy.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2200 kJ||470 kJ|
|525 Cal||112 Cal|
|Protein||44.1 g||9.4 g|
|Fat, total||16.3 g||3.5 g|
|- Saturated||3.5 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||44.2 g||9.4 g|
|- Sugars||20.7 g||4.4 g|
|Sodium||1380 mg||294 mg|