This is a dish you are bound to make again. Any leftovers including the mash potato place in single serve containers and you have a few more meals another night.
This recipe is low fat, low sodium, low sugar, high protein.
- 800g beef diced, casserole or chuck
- 3-4 carrots, sliced chunky
- 8-10 mushrooms, quartered
- 2 onions sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups red wine, shiraz or cab sav
- 2 cups beef stock (we used powdered with water)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- Dried thyme and oregano
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tbsp. cornflour mixed with 1/2 cup cold water
- 6 large potatoes, boiled and mashed with milk, S&P
- We used a slow cooker or you can use the oven, 150C.
- Heat olive oil in a frypan and saute onions for 10 minutes on med-low heat. When cooked, place into slow cooker or casserole dish.
- Same frying pan brown the meat in 2 batches and place on top of onions.
- Add wine, garlic, sugar stock, herbs, canned tomatoes, tomatoe puree and season with S & P. Set on low for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, add carrots and mushrooms, add the cornflour and water mixture and cook for another 4 hours.
- Serve with mashed potato.
Servings: 8 Serving size:528g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1800 kJ||341 kJ|
|430 Cal||81 Cal|
|Protein||38.4 g||7.3 g|
|Fat, total||15.6 g||3.0 g|
|- Saturated||5.0 g||1.0 g|
|Carbohydrate||25.0 g||4.7 g|
|- Sugars||9.8 g||1.9 g|
|Sodium||173 mg||33 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.