We have used a slow cooker for this recipe however you can use an oven on low heat 140-150C in a casserole dish with a lid.
This recipe is is low saturated fat, low sodium, low sugar, high protein.
- 800g beef, chuck diced
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 tbsp. ginger, crushed
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 can tomato, diced
- 11/2 cups beef stock
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tsp. each turmeric/cumin/Garam masala/cardamom/coriander
- ½ teaspoon chilli paste (double for more heat)
- 2-3 potatoes, cubed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Cups cooked rice
- Natural Yoghurt (optional)
- We used slow cooker, however you can use just a pot on stove and transfer to oven proof dish, low and slow.
- Heat oil and sauté onions on low heat for 5 minutes. When cooked transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Turn up heat to med high and brown meat in 2 batches. Take out and set aside.
- Add onions back to pan, turn heat to medium, and add the powdered spices, stirring for 1 minute to release aromas then add beef back to pan. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and stir a further 1 minute.
- Now add the tomatoes, stock and paste and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Turn heat down to lowest point and simmer for 2 hours. Add the cubed potato, stirring in and cook a further 1 hour or until meat & potato tender.
- Serve with rice and drizzle natural yoghurt on top.
Servings: 6 Serving size:462g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2170 kJ||470 kJ|
|518 Cal||112 Cal|
|Protein||47.3 g||10.2 g|
|Fat, total||21.1 g||4.6 g|
|- Saturated||6.7 g||1.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||30.7 g||6.6 g|
|- Sugars||6.3 g||1.4 g|
|Sodium||144 mg||31 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.