It goes perfectly with the beef satays. We used eye fillet steak for its tenderness, but you can use any cut of beef you like.
In fact, the sauce is so good, you'll have to stop yourself from having a bit too much.
- 500g Eye Fillet (you can use your favourite cut), cut into thick bite size pieces.
- Fried Brown Rice, 2 serves
- 6 wooden skewers
- 1 cup steamed broccoli
Satay Sauce (this serves 4)
- ½ Onion finely diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. crunchy peanut butter
- ½ tsp. lemon grass (optional)
- ½ tsp. chilli
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- ½ cup light coconut cream
- 2 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- Make Fried Brown Rice, set aside.
- In a small pot heat olive oil and sauté onion for a couple of minutes. Turn heat down and add the garlic, lemon grass and chilli, make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Now add the peanut butter, ensure the heat is down low, and stir, this will melt. Add the vegetable stock. Keep stirring. Now add the coconut cream, soy and sugar.
- Keep stirring so it doesn’t stick and simmer for 5 minutes. If you like a more sweet satay add more sugar. If it is getting too thick add more stock. It needs to be thick but not too thick. Once it is the flavour you like turn off heat and set aside.
- Steam your broccoli.
- Now place the beef evenly through the 6 skewers, quick spray of olive oil spray and grill on either a BBQ or griddle pan, don’t overcook, turn every 2 minutes. Should only take approx. 8 mins to cook med.
- Place fried rice on plate, then 3 skewers each and drizzle the sauce over. You only need for 2 people ½ cup of the Satay sauce mixture, so you will have some left over. This should keep for a few days in the fridge for another meal.
- Serve with ½ cup for each plate fresh steamed broccoli.
Servings: 2 Serving size:460g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2020 kJ||439 kJ|
|482 Cal||105 Cal|
|Protein||53.9 g||11.7 g|
|Fat, total||18.3 g||4.0 g|
|- Saturated||6.1 g||1.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||20.5 g||4.4 g|
|- Sugars||7.1 g||1.5 g|
|Sodium||719 mg||156 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.